Thursday, August 28, 2008

Foolishness



"It is better to let people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

I'm not sure who said this first, but it was running through my mind today. I have found that I'm far better at expressing myself when I write than in a conversation. When writing, if I make a mistake, I can always backspace. If I really mess up, I can highlight the whole sentence or paragraph and hit delete (or backspace.) And then, if I've finished the document and decide, "That's not what I wanted to say!" I don't even have to save it. I can just close it and it's gone for good with no one the wiser.


You will not believe how many times I backspaced and deleted while writing this.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Writers deal with writer's block, but do talkers ever experience "talker's block?"

Becky said...

One could only hope.